25 Nov You are currently working at a small company of about 100 employees. Your company just lost a very large client and therefore they need to let go of five employees in your department. The workloa
Review the “7 Steps to Solving a Problem” attachment above
Read the story below:
You are currently working at a small company of about 100 employees. Your company just lost a very large client and therefore they need to let go of five employees in your department.
The workload of the five employees has been divided up between you and a fellow employee. Your fellow employee is very upset about this because now they must take on more work and not get a pay raise. This employee wants you to join them and fight your boss together for more money. You don't feel comfortable doing this because you love your job. You would like to make more money, but you do not want to upset anyone and lose your position. On top of this situation, there is a big project that needs to be completed in three days!
How would you solve the above problem?
- Review the “7 Steps to Solving a Problem” attachment. Reflect on, and discuss, how the problem described above can be resolved using the steps.
- Analyze and explain your application of each of the 7 steps in the “7 Steps to Solving a Problem” attachment to solving the problem described in the above story
Your submission should be a minimum of one page of content in length. Please type the question as well as your answer. Properly cite any source utilized in APA format.
7 Steps to Solving a Problem
Here are seven steps you can take when confronted with a problem. Instead of feeling
overwhelmed, view the problem as a challenge or a game to figure out.
1. Look at the Big Picture. Get an overview of what is happening; look at the situation as objectively as possible. Gather relevant facts and analyze the problem. It is important to look at the situation from many different angles. Remain calm and remember to keep personal feelings and facts separate.
2. Identify the real issue. Sometimes there are many factors that impact a problem and make it even worse. The task is to determine what the major problem that caused of the other minor problems.
3. Brainstorm solutions. List all the possible solutions. Do not pass any judgment on the solutions; just list them. Be creative.
4. Select the best solution. Consider all of the possible solutions carefully and weigh all the advantages and disadvantages. Select the solution that has the most advantages and the one that will eliminate the minor problems.
5. Make a plan. Develop a plan to resolve the problem by identifying the resources that can be utilized to assure that the plan will be successful. Be certain that you have a clear plan of action; otherwise the ―right solution will not work.
6. Put the plan into action. You need to be committed to follow through with the plan and put your resources to work.
7. Check on the progress and modify the plan as needed. The final step is to implement the plan. Don’t be discouraged if it does not work exactly as you planned the first time. You may need to make slight modification in the plan.
“Everything by the inch is a cinch but by the yard it’s hard.”
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.