16 Mar Write a 300-word strategy evaluation report on a chosen company. Introduction Research from the Internet and from printed information can enhance strategy evaluation.
- Write a 300-word strategy evaluation report on a chosen company.
Research from the Internet and from printed information can enhance strategy evaluation. Competitors' performance information can help bring perspective to an organization's performance evaluation. It is also important to look at changes, externally and internally, as an indicator for the need to modify strategy.
A strategy evaluation framework can help achieve annual and long-term objectives. Evaluation allows an organization to use internal strengths and to capitalize on external opportunities as they surface, defending against market shifts and correcting internal weaknesses before they become a problem. Successful organizations formulate, implement, and evaluate strategies intentionally and continually evaluate their strategic position—shaping their future intentionally as opposed to being shaped by external forces. Strategic management allows an organization to make effective decisions, execute those decisions efficiently, and take corrective action. The key to effective strategy evaluation is the integration of intuition and analysis. Strategic management is first a people process and a mechanism for fostering organizational communication. The planning process is more important than the written plan. In fact, the written plan is only a snapshot and because of the rapid rate of change, leaders must plan continuously.
Strategic management also includes formulating, implementing, and evaluating organization-wide decisions that enable an organization to achieve its objectives (David, 2014). Formulation includes the organization's mission, internal and external assessments, and the establishment of strategies. Implementation includes the creation of short-term objectives and allocation of resources to achieve strategies. Evaluation reviews performance and recommends corrective action. There are many benefits to strategic planning, including financial and competitive sustainability in a global market. Globalization, e-commerce, and attention to the environment have become important strategic concerns. Engaging employees in the strategic management process can facilitate the implementation of a well-planned strategy and enhance competitive advantage. Through this course, you have learned about the importance of mission and involvement in a sequential planning process.
David, F. R. (2014). Strategic management: A competitive advantage approach, concepts & cases (15th ed.). Pearson Prentice Hall.
Select an organization to analyze. Ideally, the company you choose will be a familiar one and one to which you have easy access, such as your place of employment or a company close to where you live. You may use the same organization for other assessments in this course.
Complete the following:
- Use the Capella library and the Internet to locate three articles written in the last six months, or as current as possible, about the industry of your selected organization.
- Consider the following questions as you do your research:
- What new opportunities and threats, or strengths and weaknesses seem to be emerging in this industry?
- Do you feel that your selected organization is using effective strategies?
- What recommendations would you offer?
- Write a 300-word document titled "Strategy Evaluation Report" in which you include the following:
- Summarize your organization's strategy and performance in the current year.
- Identify strategic information about your organization's competitors.
- Identify new opportunities, threats, strengths, and weaknesses that seem to be emerging in the selected organization's industry.
- Interpret the effectiveness of your company's strategies.
- Recommend strategies based on strategy evaluation research.
- Use APA-formatted in-text citations for information you take from the articles, and provide complete references for all articles.
- Additional Requirements
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Ensure that resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of three current articles.
- Required length: The body of your document should be 300 words.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Competencies Measured
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate key elements of the strategic planning process.
- Identify strategic information on competitors using appropriate research.
- Recommend strategies based on strategy evaluation research.
- Competency 3: Apply a sequential process for developing and implementing strategies, goals, objectives, and tactics as part of the strategic plan implementation.
- Identify new strengths and weaknesses and opportunities and threats.
- Interpret the effectiveness of a company's strategies.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.