14 Nov What are the key factors that need to be addressed when working with African American clients? With Native American clients? With Latino clients? Are there similarities among these three gr
Use your Diversity, Oppression, and Social Functioning text to read the following:
- Chapter 6, "African Americans: Consequence of Discrimination," pages 78–88.
- Chapter 8, "A Multi-Diversity Perspective on Latinos: Oppression and Social Functioning," pages 108–123.
- Chapter 9, "Native Americans: Oppression and Social Work Practice," pages 126–142.
Use the Capella University Library to read the following:
- Constantine, M. G. (2007). Racial microagressions against African American clients in cross-racial counseling relationships. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 54(1), 1–16.
- Croff, R. L., Rieckmann, T. R., & Spence, J. D. (2014). Provider and state perspectives on implementing cultural-based models of care for American Indian and Alaska native patients with substance use disorders. The Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research, 41(1), 64–79.
- Rangel, D. E., & Valdez, C. R. (2017). A culturally sensitive approach to large-scale prevention studies: A case study of a randomized controlled trial with low-income Latino communities. Journal of Primary Prevention, 38(6), 627–645.
For this Discussion, your fellow learners have created a presentation that contextualizes practice with African Americans, Native Americans, and Latinos. After you view their presentation, use your post to discuss one or more of the following:
- What are the key factors that need to be addressed when working with African American clients? With Native American clients? With Latino clients?
- Are there similarities among these three groups?
- Are there similarities between any of these groups and the groups that you researched?
- How would you incorporate the key factors into your plan for working with clients from these groups?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.