02 Jun To Prepare: Reflect on the role of a nurse leader as a knowledge worker. Consider how knowledge may be informed by data that is collected/accessed. The Assignment: Explain the
- Reflect on the role of a nurse leader as a knowledge worker.
- Consider how knowledge may be informed by data that is collected/accessed.
- Explain the concept of a knowledge worker.
- Define and explain nursing informatics and highlight the role of a nurse leader as a knowledge worker.
- Include one slide that visually represents the role of a nurse leader as knowledge worker.
- Your PowerPoint should Include the hypothetical scenario you originally shared in the Discussion Forum (provided below). Include your examination of the data that you could use, how the data might be accessed/collected, and what knowledge might be derived from that data. Be sure to incorporate feedback received from your colleagues’ responses.
- Develop a 5- to 6-slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:· Explain the concept of a knowledge worker.· Define and explain nursing informatics.
- APA FORMAT (at lest 3 references)
Sun Zu, the famous war general, once stated that to ensure victory in battle, one needs to have knowledge of the enemy and knowledge of oneself. This is also true in healthcare. Data plays a crucial role in ensuring that a patient is attended to properly (Silvia & Cotter, 2021). For example, as part of its measures to become more proactive in its care, the hospital collected and analyzed data from electronic health records to determine the health demographics associated with those affected mainly by depression and anxiety (Silvia & Cotter, 2021).
In this case, the hospital collected data that included patient demographics such as age, race, and financial status. The hospital also took patient history data and current treatment plans (HR & Aithal, 2022). This data all comes from their electronic health records. The hospital also looked at their health insurance claim data. These are all elements that would help the hospital establish the characteristics of patients who are most likely to develop depression and anxiety (HR & Aithal, 2022). The knowledge can be used to show what factors contribute to the development of these illnesses, and this knowledge can help the hospital make better interventions to address them (HR & Aithal, 2022). The knowledge can also help the hospital determine which demographics are most affected by the disease.
A nurse leader can use clinical reasoning and judgment to form knowledge from this experience in various ways (Wei et al., 2019). One of the ways is to identify discrepancies. A nurse leader can identify possible errors within the research. This can further enhance the research results while ensuring that the nurse leader gains knowledge. The nurse leader can also use clinical reasoning and judgment to establish knowledge by determining the appropriate ways to apply the data (Wei et al., 2019). It is not only essential to know something but to apply it. This will lead to the growth of knowledge. Nurse leaders determine the appropriate places to apply the data in a way that benefits both the hospital and the individual using the information from the research into depression and anxiety.
HR, G., & Aithal, P. S. (2022). When to Collect Data? Choosing an Appropriate Time Frame for Data Collection During Ph. D. Program in India?. International Journal of Applied Engineering and Management Letters (IJAEML), 6(2), 271-287.
Silvia, P. J., & Cotter, K. N. (2021). Collecting data. American Psychological Association.
Wei, H., Roberts, P., Strickler, J., & Corbett, R. W. (2019). Nurse leaders’ strategies to foster nurse resilience. Journal of nursing management, 27(4), 681–687.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.