26 Jan The purpose of this assignment is to help?pre-nursing students apply the concept of medication reconciliation to a client scenario.? This activity is designed to help?the pre-nu
The purpose of this assignment is to help pre-nursing students apply the concept of medication reconciliation to a client scenario. This activity is designed to help the pre-nursing student develop clinical reasoning skills and develop safe medication practices that relate to the process of medication reconciliation. Remember from the lecture that a complete medication reconciliation can save the lives of your future clients.
- Explain the process of medication reconciliation
- Identify best-practices for medication reconciliation
- Apply the concept of medication reconciliation to the client scenario
- Explain how to identify and reconcile medication discrepancies
- Identify who should be involved in the medication reconciliation process
Conduct medication reconciliation by using the client scenario provided on the assignment document (located here: Medication Reconciliation Assignment Spring 2023 AO.docx) and your Davis Drug Guide for Nurses. Be sure to include the following in your final submission:
- Question 1. Explain and describe the five steps of the medication reconciliation process.
- Question 2. Analyze the client scenario for the following:
- Omission(s) (medications that are not continued from the home medication list): List omission(s) and explain why the medication(s) were removed.
- Additions (new medications): List additions and provide a rationale as to why the medications were added.
- Duplications (multiple medications, either the same drug or the same pharmacological classification): List the duplications and explain potential harms that can occur to the client if both medications were taken.
- Question 3. Identify potential risks associated between the client’s medications and the client’s situation, medical history, and allergies.
- Question 4. Identify and describe potential drug-to-drug interactions and prioritize the drug interactions using the ABCs and Maslow’s.
- Question 5. Identify independent nursing actions that should be implemented to address the concerns identified in questions (2-4) and provide a reason for each action.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.