25 Nov The application of a community-oriented policing (COP) program involves addressing a specific need or problem that police officials and community members have collectively identified. Such addres
The application of a community-oriented policing (COP) program involves addressing a specific need or problem that police officials and community members have collectively identified. Such addressing of specific community problems is often referred to as problem-oriented policing (POP). The application of POP within a COP strategy is clarified by the following diagram:
(The Chief Justice Earl, 2013)
One way to address the problem or need would be to apply the SARA model. The SARA model emphasizes four phases of a problem-solving process: Scanning, analysis, response, and assessment. Through the SARA model of problem solving and a COP program or project, solutions can be sought that address the community members’ quality-of-life issues, fear of crime, and crime prevention.
Address the following:
- Out of the following 4 SARA model components, if you had to choose 1, which do you think is the most important? Which do you think is the least important? Explain why.
- What are 2 community problems where you live?
- These can be vandalism, serious crimes, juvenile crime, vandalism, police misconduct, and so on.
- Describe the 2 problems as they are specific to your community.
- Who are the perpetrators?
- Who is affected?
- What is currently being done about them?
- Explain how you think the SARA model would aid in solving these 2 problems. Be specific.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.