22 Nov Preparing to Read You are now going to apply what you learned about vocabulary building in the article and slideshow to your reading assignment from 300/94 for the week. First, complete
Preparing to Read
You are now going to apply what you learned about vocabulary building in the article and slideshow to your reading assignment from 300/94 for the week. First, complete the questions at the end of the "Vocabulary" article based on your upcoming reading assignment for 300/94. To do this, either copy and paste the following questions into a Word document or Google Doc and answer each question, or scan or take a picture of your handwritten version if you printed the article.
- What is your current reading assignment in 300/94?
- What do you think your schema level is? (high, medium, or low) If you have not started the reading, survey it to determine your predicted schema level. How do you think your schema level will affect your understanding of the terminology used in the article?
- When you surveyed it, what did you notice about the vocabulary used in the text? Were there words you did not know? If there were, how many were there (many, some, or very few)?
Reading and Building Vocabulary
As you read your 300/94 text this week, focus on figuring out the meanings of unknown words that are important to understand in order to understand what you are reading.
- Circle unknown and important words or terms.
- Use one or a combination of strategies described in this article to define each word or term. Because looking up words in dictionaries interrupts your reading focus, try your best to understand the word or term using context clues, word parts, or grammar. Remember, you don’t necessarily need to know the exact definition of the word in order to make sense of what you are reading.
- Annotate the meaning of each unknown word or term that you circle in the margins.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.