18 Mar Identify a specific ethical standard of the NASW Code of Ethics. Explain how the standard might apply to the scenario your colleague created. discussionpeerpostintrona
- Identify a specific ethical standard of the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Explain how the standard might apply to the scenario your colleague created.
Respond to at least two colleagues:
· Identify a specific ethical standard of the NASW Code of Ethics.
· Explain how the standard might apply to the scenario your colleague created.
1.The core value that I chose was Social Justice. Social Justice is defined as a view that everyone deserves equal economic, political and social rights and opportunities. I believe this value is still very important especially since it relates not only to past social issues, but also these current social issues. I believe also that social justice is also means including clients in decision-making, providing necessities for the client to thrive and being supportive of all different people and their circumstances.
A scenario that I thought of was an elderly man named Mr. Lee. He is elderly and lives alone. Mr. Lee's daughter Amy comes to visit him often and overtime, she starts to notice that he has started to decline in health. Amy suggested to the social worker that she would like her father to transition into a nursing home so he is able to have more help. However, when Amy told the idea to her father, he disagreed and told his daughter that he would like to continue living in his home. The social worker in this scenario would have a sit-down meeting with both Amy and her father to discuss options such as nursing or homemaking services. This would be the best option because Mr. Lee is able to stay in the comfort of his home while still receiving the services that he needs. I also feel that this scenario is a good example of social justice because Mr. Lee was able to express his concerns and was involved in the decision-making process of his end of life plan.
2. Out of the six core values in the NASW code of ethics I chose Integrity. A scenario that would have a social worker using this ethic and upholding that value is if their client wanted a specific plan to help them out of (addiction, homelessness, mental health) but looking at the plan and doing some research on it the social worker thought it was not the best option for the client to get the help they needed or to seek the right things to get them back on their feet. The social worker could use the integrity value and be open and honest and communicate to the client why they think that plan is not the best fit for them and which route they should take, and just being trustworthy and analyzing everything so they are able to show commitment to the client. That is also when informed consent comes in, so they can understand the services and plans the social worker has for them but the client can also refuse the service at any time.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.