19 Oct For these assignments, you will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct research, compile a report, and pr
Please note, that the assignments in this course build upon one another.
For these assignments, you will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct research, compile a report, and provide recommendations for improvement of their personnel management system. The first role of the consultant is to become familiar with the agency and its departments. You will develop the assignment in four parts, submitting each to your supervisor (your professor) who will review and grade your efforts.
- Week 3: Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected.
- Week 5: Evaluation of Agency's Public Personnel Administration.
- Week 7: Agency's Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce.
- Week 10: Analysis of the Agency's Policies, Procedures, and Plans – Unions, Privatization, Pensions, and Productivity.
Selecting an Agency
The agency you select in this first assignment must be used for all remaining assignments. Before selecting your agency, review the directions for each of the assignments and perform some initial research to ensure you can find adequate information online to address the requirements for each of the assignments.
Explore one federal agency. You may select one from the list below or choose your own.
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
- Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Department of Education (ED).
- Department of Energy (DOE).
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Select a federal agency.
- Research the literature regarding issues that involve the selected agency and public administration in general.
- Write a 3–4 page paper, titled "Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected." Complete the following:
- Provide background information about the agency's key historical events, mission, and goals/objectives (title this section "Introduction").
- Describe at least three functions of this agency, highlighting the public it serves (title this section "Agency Functions").
- Analyze at least two current events involving the agency that might have implications for personnel management (title this section "Agency News").
- Explain your rationale for selecting this agency with at least two justifiable reasons (title this section "Rationale for Selecting Agency").
- Appropriately incorporate at least four quality (credible, relevant, and appropriate) sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer-reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Use the Strayer University Online Library to conduct research.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze the key historical, legislative, and ethical dimensions of public personnel management within a federal or state agency.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.