14 Sep 76-year-old female patient complains of weight gain, shortness of breath, peripheral edema, and abdominal swelling. She has a history of congestive heart failure and admits to not taking
Scenario: 76-year-old female patient complains of weight gain, shortness of breath, peripheral edema, and abdominal swelling. She has a history of congestive heart failure and admits to not taking her diuretic, as it makes her “have to get up every couple hours to go to the bathroom.” She now must sleep on two pillows to get enough air.
Resources to use:
- Cance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
- Chapter 32: Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems; Summary Review
- Chapter 33: Alterations of Cardiovascular Function (stop at Dysrhythmias); Summary Review
- Chapter 35: Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System; Summary Review
- Chapter 36: Alterations of Pulmonary Function (stop at Disorders of the chest wall and pleura); (obstructive pulmonary diseases) (stop at Pulmonary artery hypertension); Summary Review
- Inamdar, A. A. & Inamdar, A. C. (2016). Heart failure: Diagnosis, management, and utilizationLinks to an external site., 5(7). doi:10.3390/jcm507006
- MedCram. (2015, September 14). Pneumonia explained clearly by MedCram.comLinks to an external site. [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqyPECmkSeo
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following:
- The cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary pathophysiologic processes result in the patient presenting these symptoms.
- Any racial/ethnic variables that may impact physiological functioning.
- How these processes interact to affect the patient.
A paragraph or two per question asked in the scenario and at least three current primary references are needed to support your points (peer-reviewed current articles, classroom textbook)
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.